May 9 @ 6:15 pm - 7:15 pm EDT
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 6:15 pm on Monday and Thursday, repeating until June 30, 2022
Hope everyone is looking forward to the warmer weather and getting back to doing some outdoor activities! We have some good news for those who have been land training or are ready to get back into some workouts and training sessions. We wanted to give you all a few weeks’ notice so you can start thinking about it! Our awesome trainer, Rick Logan, has moved back to MD and is working with the city to finalize getting back to doing in-person training sessions with him! YAY!!! We are looking to start Thursday, June 3. Here are the details:
1. When: Every Monday and Thursday 6:15 pm to 7 pm (this is still being finalized but it may be 6 pm or 6:30 pm start time pending city permit) – PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY ENOUGH TO PARK AND WALK TO THE SESSION AND WARM UP
2. Where: Latrobe Park / Banner Field – 1627 Fort Ave.
3. Cost: $45/month if attending once a week; $65/month if attending twice a week; $15 for “drop in” – Pay via Store link on BDBC’s website
- No equipment needed – Rick will bring (i.e. sliders) but you are welcome to bring your own if you want.
- Most exercises are 40 seconds or 1 minute long with rest in between.
- There are no facilities at the park so go to Ft. McHenry to use the restrooms before coming to the sessions. Change into gym clothes before coming to the sessions.
- We will follow up regarding rules on masks but I believe the city has lifted mask restrictions for outdoor activities (will confirm as we get closer to the start date). If you are more comfortable remaining masked, you are more than welcomed to.
- There is no requirement for fitness level to join us – we welcome EVERYONE! Exercises can be “progressed” or “regressed” based on fitness level and/or injury recovery needs.
- If the weather does not allow for outdoor training, we can do virtual sessions.
There is a land training group on GroupMe and if you would like to be added please let Ada know as that will be the place to get updates the quickest. We will also continue virtual workouts on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays on Google Meet for those interested. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are at 6 pm and Fridays are at 5 pm.
So if you’ve been thinking about getting back into working out to get ready to get back on the water to dragon boat paddling please come join us! Once everything is confirmed with city permitting we will be sure to let you all know.